1. Chop the carrots, celery, and onion and crush the garlic.
2. Place the oil in a pot and add in the onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Sauté for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables have softened slightly.
3. Add the stock to the pot along with your tinned tomatoes.
4. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
5. Remove the pot from the heat. Season with pepper and add the basil leaves.
6. Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until smooth.
Toddler portion size: 1 cup/ 1/10th of the recipe.
Suitable for freezing.