1. Peel and chop sweet potato into bite size pieces.
2. Fill the pot about half full (you will need just enough water to cover the sweet potato) and bring to boiling. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Bring water to the boil, and add peas and continue boiling for 3-4 minutes.
4. Mash one small portion of cooked sweet potato (2-3 tablespoons).
5. Add a pinch of coriander and cumin (if using them) to the mashed sweet potato.
6. Add the cooked peas.
7. Add the cooked shredded chicken.
8. Mix well and shape into small balls (so they can be picked up easily by toddlers).
9. Whisk egg, and coat the small balls with beaten egg to help bind.
10. Dust with flour (if using it) and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180°C/350°F /Gas Mark 4 until golden brown, or cook in the frying pan with some olive oil until browned on both sides (5-8 minutes per side).
Suitable for freezing.