Method for making sauce:
1. Peel and cut onion in half.
2. In a blender – pulverise the onion and add the mushroom – blend into a paste like consistency.
3. Heat a little rapeseed oil in a small saucepan – add the onion/ mushroom mix and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the passata sauce/tomatoes, heat gently until bubbling.
5. Add a little honey – to taste (*honey is not suitable for babies under 1 year).
Method for making pizza bap:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cut the baps/pitta in half – toast in a toaster or grill.
3. Spread with some pizza sauce mix.
4. Get your toddler to add their favourite topping.
5. Top with some grated cheese.
6. Put onto a baking tray – put into the oven and cook until the cheese melts (approx. 5 mins).
Suggested Toppings – whatever you want – try getting your toddler to choose;
· Peppers – cut into strips
· Pineapple – chunks
· Sweetcorn – frozen is good as you can lift out what you need
· Cherry tomatoes – cut in halves
· Meat – left over beef or chicken
Portion sizes – 1 Toddler portion = ½ bap/pitta with tomato sauce, 30g of cheddar cheese and toppings
Pizza sauce can be frozen.