1. Heat the oil in the saucepan and add the onion, carrot, peppers and garlic.
2. Put the lid on, turn down the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Then add mince and stir it into the onion and carrots.
4. Cook the mince for ten minutes until it is all brown and most of the water has boiled off.
5. Then add the tin of tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and oregano or mixed herbs.
6. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 40 minutes with the lid off until the meat is well cooked and the sauce has thickened.
7. Stir it occasionally as it cooks and serve with pasta shapes.
8. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack (leaving out any salt).
Can be frozen for up to 4 weeks.