1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
2. Place the bread in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
3. Cut the fish into 6 pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle the fish evenly with ½ teaspoon of pepper.
4. Beat the egg.
5. Place the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip 1 fish finger in flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip the fish in egg and then dip in breadcrumbs.
6. Repeat this procedure with the remaining fish, flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
7. Arrange the coated fish on a wire rack on a baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
Toddler portion guidelines: 2 homemade fish fingers = 1 portion for toddler.
Serving suggestion: Serve with homemade potato wedges and broccoli.
Not suitable for freezing.