1. Heat ½ the oil in a pan, add the beef and fry until brown. Remove and set to the side.
2. Heat the remaining oil and add the onion, carrot and celery - sauté for 5 mins.
3. Add the beef, flour and tomato puree, stir and cook for 1 min.
4. Add the stock and bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 30 mins.
5. In a separate pot cook, then drain and mash the potatoes with the butter and milk with ¾ of the cheese. Mix well until creamy.
6. Place the meat mix into individual portion dishes or 1 large oven dish if cooking for all the family and top with the mash potato and remaining cheese.
7. Bake at 200°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6 until top is golden brown (approx. 20 minutes).
Suitable for freezing.