1. Preheat oven to 170°C/340°F/Gas Mark 3 and grease a loaf tin.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter or oil and honey or maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
3. Add the baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon, whisk to blend. Lastly stir in the flour, just until combined.
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
6. Transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is considered a healthier version than shop bought banana bread. However, it is still considered a dessert and should only be offered every so often as a treat as part of a healthy balanced diet.
Suitable for freezing.